Everyone wants to have thick and luscious hair strands but unfortunately, hair fall has its other plans. It won’t let you have your dream hair!
This is because air fall is a common problem, no matter what age or gender you belong to. There is no escape to this. There can be hundreds of different reasons that can make you lose your hair but still, hair fall can be problematic.
Last year I had a severe hair fall and I was losing a lot of hair strands daily. This made me search for the best hair doctor in Karachi. He initially gave me supplements that didn’t work. After some weeks, I got a blood test and this revealed that I was suffering from anemia. This way I found the cause behind my hair fall. But this was my hair fall story. I am sure you must be having your own!
There can be many different reasons behind hair fall. Sometimes it can be in your genetics or at other times it can come from other reasons too. Even your own hair styling habits can make you lose hair really fast. If you are wondering what could be the reasons behind your hair fall, then here are some important ones to know about:
- Your hair can be because of your older age
- It can even run in your families
- Stress can make you lose hair strands
- Your hormonal fluctuations can make you lose your hair
- Problems like scalp infections can result in hair fall
- Women can lose hair in pregnancy or childbirth
- People going through certain treatments such as cancer can suffer from hair falls due to medication’s side effects
- Even your wrong hair care can make you lose your hair
- Family history of hair fall
How to Stop Hair Fall?
Well now comes the answer to how we can stop our hair from falling. Well, this is quite possible if you follow these simple tips:
1- Observe your hair washing routine
One of the reasons behind your hair fall could be your hair-washing habits. If you are suffering from hair fall then see how many times you are washing your hair in a week. Also, watch out for the products which you are using to wash your hair.
2- Choose foods smartly
The kind of foods you eat in your routine tend to impact your hair health. The secret lies in the nutritional profile of these foods. Yes, this happens because your hair needs different types of vitamins and minerals to grow. The lack of these nutrients in your diet can make you lose hair strands. So, to prevent hair loss, make sure to choose healthy foods.
3- Head massage
Scalp massage has many benefits. One of the reasons to prefer a scalp massage is because it tends to improve the circulation of blood in your scalp. This circulation improves your hair growth. You can even use coconut or olive oil as both of them have hair growth boosting ability.
3- Supplements might help you
Sometimes, over-the-counter supplements can also help to promote hair growth. You can find these supplements in different variations and based upon your physician’s recommendation you can start using these supplements.
4- Drink more water
Hydration tends to do wonders when it comes to promoting hair health no matter even if it’s your hair health. So, make sure to drink good amounts of water on a daily basis to promote your hair health.
5- Overcome stress levels
Stress tends to harm your hair growth and for this very reason, you need to overcome your stress levels if you want to promote healthy hair. You can try breathing and relaxation techniques to help you overcome this. You can even consult a professional to help you overcome stress levels.
6-Don’t make hair care mistakes
Sometimes the way you care for your hair tends to impact your hair health. So, make sure to treat your hair gently to avoid these mistakes. Here are some of the common hair care mistakes to refrain from:
- Never brush your wet care
- Choose mild or chemical-free products
- Don’t tie your hair too tight
- Avoid too much heat exposure
- Don’t ignore scalp problems
- Stop sleeping with your hair tied
7- Home remedies are the help
Here are some of the best home remedies that can stop this unwanted hair fall.
- Squeeze onion and potato and apply its juice to your scalp
- Fenugreek seeds water on your scalp can do wonders
- Fermented rice water is the best remedy against hair fall
- You can apply a coffee, yogurt and egg mask for better hair growth
All these tips can help you overcome hair fall. If you are still facing the problem then make sure to visit a doctor to identify the underlying cause of the problem.